After the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that struck Nepal on April 25, 2015, USCIS has announced several major immigration relief measures for Nepali nationals.
- A grant of re-parole
- Expedited processing of advance parole requests
- Change or an extension of immigration status of a Nepal national currently residing in the United States
- Expedite approval and adjudication of F1 students’ requests for off-campus work authorization due to extreme economic hardships (If appropriate)
- Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications (if appropriate)
- Assistance replacing lost or damaged immigration or travel documents issued by USCIS, such as Permanent Resident Cards (green cards).
- Consideration for waivers of fees associated with USCIS benefit applications, based on economic hardships